WHY NOT JOIN US?
If you'd like to join, please fill in the application form below and return it to email@example.com or to
The Club Manager, Aldeburgh Yacht Club, Slaughden Road, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, IP15 5NA. We look forward to welcoming you.
Upon joining, you will be introduced to a member of the Committee who will help introduce you to the club and ensure you make the most of it - whether that be racing, sailing, training or social.
BENEFITS TO MEMBERSHIP:
- Each member will be issued a Members Card. This can be topped up with money either at the Bar or in the Members Area of the website. The cards give members a 15% discount on food and drink at the Bar and Galley.
- Reduced prices for training courses and private tuition.
- Take part in AYC’s Junior Sailing programme. Throughout the summer holidays a free programme for young members is run daily that gives young sailors time on the water to build competency and confidence.
PROCEDURE FOR JOINING:
The procedure for joining is straightforward and we will welcome you to the club as soon as you take the following steps:
- Firstly, complete a Membership Application Form. All members of the family who wish to visit the Club more than four times a year should be included. The Application form together with a cheque covering the first year’s subscription and entrance fee should be submitted to the Club Manager. The cheque will be cashed only upon election. (Alternatively, you can fill in a direct debit mandate or pay by BACS or Card).
- On receipt of the application, arrangements will be made for prospective members to meet a current Committee member. The objective of the meeting is to discuss what the applicant(s) expect from the Club and what the Club offers to ensure compatibility and to ensure that introductions can be arranged for the activities of particular interest to the applicant(s).
- Details of new applications will be displayed on the Club notice board at least 14 days prior to the next General Committee Meeting when membership elections are held. The General Committee meets monthly to elect new members.
- Once your application has been approved by the General Committee, you will receive a letter confirming your membership along with your membership card and other club information such as the calendar, training programme, newsletter, etc.
Members are encouraged to pay by Direct Debit. Two Direct Debit options are available.
OPTION 1: The annual subscription is taken in full on the last working day of January.
OPTION 2: The annual subscription is taken in 6 instalments on the last working day of the first 6 months of the year (January to June).
If you'd like to start paying by direct debit, please fill in the form below and return the hard copy to the office.