WHY NOT JOIN US?
Upon joining, you will be introduced to a member of the Committee who will help introduce you to the club and ensure you make the most of it - whether that be racing, sailing, training or social.
It is worth highlighting some additional benefits your membership offers you:
- Each Member of your family will be given a Blue Membership Card. This can be topped up with money and when used at the Bar or The Galley gives Members a 15% discount on food and drink.
- Reduced Members’ prices for access to Courses.
- Take part in AYC’s Junior Sailing programme. Throughout the summer holidays a free programme for young members is run daily that gives young sailors time on the water to build competency and confidence.
PROCEDURE FOR JOINING
The procedure for joining is straightforward and we will welcome you to the club as soon as you take the following steps:
- Firstly, complete a Membership Application Form. All members of the family who wish to visit the Club more than four times a year should be included. The Application form together with a cheque covering the first year’s subscription and entrance fee should be submitted to the Club Manager. The cheque will be cashed only upon election. (Alternatively you can fill in a direct debit mandate or pay by BACS or Card).
- On receipt of the application, arrangements will be made for prospective members to meet a current Committee member. The objective of the meeting is to discuss what the applicant(s) expect from the Club and what the Club offers to ensure compatibility and to ensure that introductions can be arranged for the activities of particular interest to the applicant(s).
- Details of new applications will be displayed on the Club notice board at least 14 days prior to the next General Committee Meeting when membership elections are held. The General Committee meets monthly to elect new members.
- Once your application has been approved by the General Committee, you will receive a letter confirming your membership along with your membership card and other club information such as the calendar, training programme, newsletter, etc.
All annual subscriptions are renewable on 31st December. Members are encouraged to pay by direct debit (with an option to spread payments over 6 months, without additional cost). If you'd like to start paying by direct debit, please fill in the form below and return the hard copy to the office.
Entrance Fees apply to all new members and re-joiners and are set at 50% of the applicable subscription(s) subject to a maximum of £100 (i.e. a family would pay £100). 25% of the entrance fee will be credited to the membership card of one of the applicants in the year of joining and another 25% in the following year and can be spent at the galley and the bar.
We look forward to welcoming you.